Linking patients to credible online musculoskeletal information
The Internet is a valuable resource with abundant information on bone, joint, muscle, tendon and ligament health and diseases. However, not all information you might find is reliable and up-to-date.
To provide our patients with accurate, dependable educational resources for musculoskeletal health and disease, we have compiled a list of trustworthy orthopedic websites.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons — AAOS provides the latest legislative, educational, healthcare policy and research information.
- STOP Sports Injuries — The Sports Trauma and Overuse Prevention (STOP) Campaign provides sports injury prevention tips and additional information to help prevent sports overuse and trauma injuries in kids.
- The Arthritis Foundation — Foundation of scientists and physicians taking action against arthritis since 1948.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases — The federal government’s library of information related to arthritis, and musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons — A resource for answers related to hip and knee disease and treatment questions.
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine — Find information on specific sports-related conditions and treatment.
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons — The official peer-reviewed journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Read abstracts of articles online.
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine — Access abstracts of selected articles in each journal printed since May-June 1997.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America — Promotes, encourages, supports and fosters the development and dissemination of knowledge about arthroscopic surgery through continuing medical education functions.
- International Society for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery — A non-profit organization bringing together individuals worldwide interested in computer-assisted orthopaedic surgery.
- Journals of the AMA — International peer-reviewed general medical journal; the most widely circulated medical journal in the world. Read articles online.
- The National Athletic Trainers’ Association — Enhances the quality of health care for athletes and those engaged in physical activity, as well as advances the profession of athletic training through education and research in preventing, evaluating, managing and rehabilitating injuries.
- Orthopaedic Research Society — Read the organization’s newsletter, past and current issues of the Journal of Orthopaedic Research and more.
- Orthopedics Today — Read current and back issues of Orthopedics Today written for orthopedic surgeons.